Congratulations to the eight groups from County Antrim that have been awarded the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service (QAVS), which were announced today to coincide with the start of Her Majesty The Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
The eight winners were:
The winners are:
* Ballymaconnelly Renewal Group, Ballymoney
* Carrick Connect, Carrickfergus
* Home-Start Lisburn, Lisburn
* Hope House Ireland, Islandmagee
* Monkstown Community Association, Monkstown
* The Citrah Foundation, Carrickfergus
* The River Bann and Lough Neagh Association Company, Randalstown
* Whiteabbey Community Group, Whiteabbey
The Lord-Lieutenant of County Antrim, Mr David McCorkell, said: "Many congratulations to these worthy recipients. It is particularly special to receive this prestigious award in the year of Her Majesty The Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
This is also a fantastic result for County Antrim; receiving 8 out the 13 awards issued to Northern Ireland. I would also like to thank James Perry, MBE, DL, the Lieutenancy lead for the QAVS for all of his work, and all the DLs involved in the extensive assessment process for their support."
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Honours and awards